Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Wal Mart Shoots Itself In The Foot

After all the feel-good propaganda Wal Mart has worked so hard to hammer into the American consciousness, what with millions of dollars in television commercials, radio (even on NPR!) and print ads touting how much they care about their communities and how much they've done to be a good corporate citizen, they shoot themselves in the foot. Just the other day I heard a media report about how Wal Mart was going to lower the cost of health care for their employees and offer much cheaper plans, THEN THEY LET THIS LEAK.

You know this country's in trouble when a veteren Wal Mart "associate" is kicked to the curb because of the excessive cost of keeping him/her employed.

So here's my slightly modified version of the Wal Mart advertising campaign:

"Hi, my name is Julio and I've been a Wal Mart associate for seven years. But becuase the Wal Mart Board of Directors has realized that, after all that time, I'm no more productive than some homey who's pretty much just come off the street - they've going to find a way to fire me to keep the cost of their benefits down. So, I've decided to pursue a life of crime, and I'm gonna start by finding those MOTHER F****RS on the board and pop a cap in their F***ING asses! You made 10 BILLION DOLLARS LAST YEAR BITCH! Do you know how many F***ING WAL MART cheerleading sessions I had to endure for that shit?!!! I can't even show my face on the street anymore because of your happy-faced button MOTHER F***ER! But now I got nothing to lose, holmes. You hear me? An I ain't gonna waste it on no jobless gang-banger on the street neither. No way. I'm coming after you mother F***ERS who sit around a table all day drinking your Lattes, figuring out ways to make life tougher for me and mine. I'm coming FOR YOU! You can bet yo ass when I cut yo grass. "


Wish we could see that commercial on tv! Or at least MAD tv.

No comments: