Friday, July 04, 2008

His A** Is Mine.... More Unsavory Christian Behavior

Well, if I had any doubts about the sexual proclivities of my uptight Christian co-worker, Shitbrick, (as reported in the blog post Unsavory Christian History), those doubts have been laid to rest by another co-worker's (let's call him "Coach") most recent find.

While packing up our office for a move to another building, Coach came across a DVD hidden high on a shelf, well out of view from any passers-by. It was titled "His A** Is Mine" (I think you can fill in the blanks) with the title strategically placed over the hairy hind-quarters of some anonymous male. Ewwwwwwww!

Ok, so it's not my bag (and that was really the wrong word to use).

Anyway, I'm not one to shame the sexual peculiarities of anybody - God knows I have my own and I'm a liberal after all. Live and let live, I always say. It's just the hypocrisy of this particular Christian who spends a great deal of time and energy shaming others for their beliefs, their lack of morals and/or judgment and yes - their sexual preferences. Then it turns out, as it always seems to with this type, that he's projecting his own psychological baggage. ShitBrick has always been a rabid homophobe who even shared a story once of how he threw a hitch-hiking homosexual out of his car, abandoning him by the side of some rural road, and boy if he had his gun he wouldn't know what he might have done....yada, yada, yada.

To me, finding this DVD, and the computer history before it, was like a gift from God - no, seriously! It's like God saying, "Hey, it's ok. See? He's not all that. He's just another frightened, confused human just like you. But he's really trying to be my devotee in his way so be kind. I know you will." Presumptuous, right? Well that's what if feels like anyway.

Even though I've personally suffered from his Christian rigidness and righteousness, I sort of feel bad for him having to harbor such a big secret. The cognitive dissonance it's no doubt creating in his conscience must be hell. But we all have our demons and it's also kind of reassuring, and poetically justified, to know that he has his.

No comments: