Friday, January 06, 2006

My Heating Bill Doubles, Rich People Get Tax Cut

I live in a single-wide trailer (some people feel better calling it Manufactured Home - whatever). It's not a home really, not in that American Dream sort of way. No, a trailer is more like a container for keeping the working-class fresh, just in case anybody needs some dirty work done. But it's a roof and shit could be worse I always tell myself. What else could I tell myself?

My heating bill for January 06 DOUBLED from that of December '05. FUCK! Time to cancel cable - bunch of useless bullshit on TV anyway - except for CSPAN. I dig CSPAN. (shhhh - if they find out the working class are actually being informed by their tv's congress will let their lobbyists write laws against that too. ) Yeah, I know they warned me about the hike in energy prices - doesn't make it any better though. And gasoline just went up again too. Why do energy prices keep going up? Because they can, that's why (probably part of the secret energy deal pre-Iraq war). The energy companies are enjoying record profits, jobs are flying out of the country and my pay raises haven't kept pace with inflation for the last four years. But I'm still working. 500 engineers from GM can't say that as of yesterday.

I read the day before yesterday that the Bush administration gave 47 Billion dollars in tax cuts to people earning over $200,000 a year and it just took effect in January 06. That's after they cut medicaid, medicare, college tuition assistance and even the budget of the National Institute of Health (first time since 1970) when everyone's terrified of a possible coming flu pandemic. Un-Fucking-Believable.

It's pretty clear these motherfuckers in Washington don't have our back. Hope they're not counting on us having theirs.

Oh, and the next time I see a fucking BMW parked on the sidewalk at Wal*Mart I'm going to spit on it. And I'm just getting over a cold.

No comments: