Wednesday, October 13, 2004

Race is heating up / Headlines & Punchlines

I've gotten into several heated debates in the last few days regarding the state of our country and the coming election. The whole political climate is making me sick. I can' imagine how I'll take another three weeks of this.
My mother says I shouldn't get so worked up about it. "It's not worth getting yourself sick over," she says. I asked, "Then what is?"

The more I argue about it, the more I'm convinced I'm voting for the right person . Once I found out about the Democratic National Campaign's dirty tricks to keep Nader out of the race altogether, to subvert his constitutional rights, that sealed my ballot. There's only one candidate who believes in fair play, and he isn't a Democrat or a Republican.


CNN Headlines & Punchlines:

Democracy at risk - Pennsylvania tries to remove Nader from the ballot. What a surprise.

Senator Mark Dayton (D) Minnesota, packed his shit and got out of Washington while the gettin was good. He said that if you don't need to be in Washington, you shouldn't come here because of terrorist threats. Others in Congress are calling him paranoid. Hey, if it'll get you home for Turkey Day, why not? Terrorism has been used as an excuse for everything else.

HHS's head, Tommy Thompson, giving Mexico's health system millions to help prevent immigrating diseases. I think they just want healthier illegal immigrants. They can't keep working, driving and paying taxes if they come here sick.

Gas Prices through the roof. Should've listened to those bleeding heart liberal environmentalists in the seventies and the need for alternative energy sources.

Health Care System's in the shitter: administrative chaos, poor care, no care, Book: "Critical Condition" offers fresh alternative and got Lou Dobb's seal of approval.

I wish Lou Dobbs were running for president.

No comments: