Sunday, October 10, 2004

Virtual Presidential Debate w/Ralph

Here's something entertaining: Ralph Nader has created a mock presidential debates using audio clips to distinguish each candidates position on a given topic, including his own - since 57% of the people polled still doesn't seem to be enough of a majority to get him into the debates.

Too bad Ralph couldn't have used the actual audio from the debates - but I'm sure those ruthless Democratic trial lawyers would have sued him if he tried. Instead, Bush & Kerry's voices are played by a stand-in with a tongue-in-cheek delivery.

Mock Presidential Debate W/Ralph Nader

2 comments:

Moueska said...

One week before the Presidential debate here in St. Louis, I attended the Congressional debate that was being hosted by my own college. I was there to more or less support one of my classmates, a liberterian who was running against the big dogs.

It was disheartening. After the first few questions, the other two candidates ignored him... the mudslinging soon followed. It was amusing how it began really. At first it was "My opposing candidate". Then it was "The opposing candidate Mr. So'n'so". After a few more minutes, "Mr. So'n'so". Only one of the other two candidates even bothered to take a shot at my classmate- mainly about "entrusting the position to a college undergrad".

So I have to wonder, knowing that Ralph Nader could have been considered a worthy candidate, were they worried? Did they not consider him a challenge? Just like my friend eventually got radically wild applause with the declaration of "The Draft is Slavery!", could Nader have had a following there?

I guess we won't know. But will be be invited to any of the following debates?

Also, on the webclips themselves, I found the delivery of Dubya spot-on... and skewed. How did they pull off that one?

Sudrakarma said...

Well, all I'm saying is, since Ralph is on most of the ballots, he should have an equal chance to make a fool of himself in front of a worlwide audience. If he doesn't have an argument that will hold water, it will quickly become apparent. But I think that neither major party want him changing the agenda.